We’re recruiting for additional chefs to join our team, as part of our ongoing expansion.
Responsible to: Senior Chef
- Responsible for daytime or evening food offering, including daily preparation, cooking and service, cleaning down of all kitchen areas of operation.
- Compliance to all relevant Food Safety, and Health & Safety legislation.
- Maintenance of stock ordering, delivery handling and rotation.
- Monitoring and recording wastage.
- Proactive approach to dealing with issues that arise during food production and service, informing the Senior Chef as needed.
- Monitoring and completion of all paperwork needed as part of the kitchen function, including checklists, daily diary, EHO requirements and all safe methods, reviewing and updating as needed.
- We are seeking a commitment of at least 37 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7, with paid overtime as and when required.
- We operate sensible shift patterns which afford a great work life balance; our #1 shift falls between approximately 7.:00am and 3:00pm and #2 shift would be between 3:00pm and 10:00pm, including Sundays.
A successful candidate would demonstrate:
- Solid experience in food preparation using fresh ingredients.
- The ability to work under pressure and ask for help when you need it.
- A strong communicator – we like talking!
- Flexibility and mobility
- Free lunches when on shift – discounts for you and/or family when not work
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £13 – £15 per hour, based on experience and responsibility