The role initially involves learning to integrate into our existing system by training at our Newark store. Then, longer term, a suitable candidate will travel between stores, working with each food team to ensure consistent processes and results are being delivered.
While suited to a chef in a culinary sense, this role will also require great people skills, kitchen management and logistics skills.
- Maintenance of work areas, utensils and kitchen areas, in line with health and safety and Stray’s Health and Hygiene policies.
- Monitoring, maintenance and correct storage of fresh and cooked foodstuff, working within Stray’s Safe Methods.
- Preparation of food to specific standard and timings in line with the current menu, to ensure no delay in the supply of fresh and cooked items.
- Proactive approach to dealing with issues that may arise during food preparation, referring to kitchen manager when necessary.
- Forward planning when ordering items from suppliers on a daily basis, in both kitchens.
- Monitoring and completion of Daily Food Diary and daily checklists
- To work in co-operation with other food staff and servery team to ensure smooth operation of both functions.
- To assist with delivery of food to customers and clearing tables when needed
Additional Specific Responsibilities:
The ability to be able to work at any of our stores, following agreed menus and methods, in line with our Health and Hygiene policies plus assisting in the pastry kitchen as required. Liaison with coffee servery staff and food staff as to items needed daily and forward planning of items required.
This will require the candidate to have both a clean driving license and a car. We will pay mileage at the standard rate for any travel taken outside of the base at Newark.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Effective communication skills
- Proven ability to prepare and serve food to consistently high standards
- Current Health and Hygiene qualifications an advantage
Reference ID: Newark-Senior-Food-Prep
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Initial rate £10.00 per hour, with an increase to £15.00 hour if successful in the longer-term role.