We are recruiting for a kitchen porter to work in our Newark store.
We are a family-owned and run coffee shop, eatery and live music venue. Operating our first store since 2003 in Newark on Trent, we provide great coffee, tasty, home-made food, lite bites and Mum’s cakes, plus live jazz every week.
A successful candidate would demonstrate:
- the ability to operate a dishwasher, in line with the company procedures
- suitable personal fitness, in order to manage the task of running items to and from the food prep and pastry kitchens
- the personal skills to attend to customers if and when the need arises
- good interpersonal skills
- a good work ethic
- experience in managing stores – including ordering/re-ordering chemicals, cleaning products, packaging and other products related to the job
- an open-minded attitude with a willingness to offer help to colleagues in regards to other tasks you may be asked to carry out during the day
- Persons wishing to seek employment for short-term (ie Summer) need not apply
- 35+ hours per week including Saturdays plus some evening shifts
- As a growing company, we are always on the lookout for superstars and prefer to grow our management from within the team. If you are looking for career advancement, bear this in mind when applying.
- Interviews will take place at Newark on Wed 5th August.
Job Type: Full-time
Please note – due to the number of expected applications we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applicants in the first instance.
- Company Pension
- Discounted/free food
- Wellness programs
Salary: £8.00 to £9.00 per hour